When it comes to Mazda service, Freysinger Mazda more than delivers. Not only do we provide expert maintenance and car care, but we’re also the team you can turn to for high-quality Mazda parts and the information and resources that will help you protect your vehicle out on the road.
Here’s a look at battery service care and information to get you started.
What Causes a Dead Battery?
Car batteries typically last three to five years, but different types of driving or extreme environments can reduce their capacity. Here are just a few other reasons you may be experiencing a dead or low battery in your vehicle:
- Slow Drains: The battery in the vehicle powers the ancillary systems, like the interior lights, headlights, and radios. When certain appliances are left on for a long period time, it can cause a slow drain that ultimately depletes the battery.
- Your Connections Are Poor: If the terminals that connect your battery to the vehicle are loose or corroded, then your vehicle won’t get the power it needs to run properly. You can reduce the risk of corrosion by cleaning your battery regularly and watching for signs of corrosion.
- The Alternator Needs Replacing: The battery in your vehicle recharges while you drive using a part known as the alternator. If the alternator isn’t working properly, then your battery won’t recharge, and will eventually run out of juice.
- The Temperature is Extreme: In temperatures below freezing, your battery can lose up to 50% of its capacity. In extremely hot weather or environments, it can become similarly depleted. Try to park in a garage, in the shade, or in otherwise protected environments.
- Your Battery is Getting Old: It’s a good idea to inspect your battery regularly, especially after the three-year mark. When batteries become old, they work less efficiently. If your lights are low or the car struggles to turn over, it may be time for a new battery.
Schedule battery service you can rely on at Freysinger Mazda in Mechanicsburg today.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.